Sunday, July 25, 2010

Vacation Monday 7/19/2010






Monday brought another great breakfast. I got to "help" Jimbo with the toast while I watched the master go to town on the bacon and eggs. I got to go on a 3 hour ride with the camp host who asked us to come along with Todd's chainsaw. We cut about 5 huge logs out of 2 trails. Nothing like doing some "manly" stuff like throwing logs around and hiking up some massive hills in cowboy boots. I bought a Camelbak that I got quite a bit of use out of that morning.

After a quick shower, Becky, the kids, and I headed to try to get to see a cave. After 45 minutes of driving we found out we should have called for an appointment because they were all full. We ended up driving to Mount Rushmore that day.....and it rained on us so that cut our trip a little short. The kids talked about "the faces" the rest of the trip. On our way back to camp we stopped at a lookout for a little hike. I think it was called Heddy Draw.

No comments: