Sunday, March 25, 2012

Random activities

It has been awhile since my last post.  All of these pictures are in no particular order.  I will use the excuse that we have been too busy to blog and I just got some pictures downloaded to the computer.  Here is a quick recap of our activities:  Upward Basketball has started, Becky and the kids traveled to Kingsley for a short spring break trip, we went to Burlington for Luke and Karen's wedding reception, and we went to Springfield for the funeral of Charles Orr (Becky's Grand-Dad). 
Kane and Sandy on the farm. 
Haley and her Upward teammate (Hannah) got thier haircut on the same day right before thier Upward game.   
Haley and Torren love being outside on the farm. 
Holly killed an snake and was quite proud of it. 
 
Grandad was know for wearing bow ties.  We all wore them to the visitation, memorial service, and grave site ceremony. 
Brothers and sisters. 
Kane showing off how strong he is. 
Haley was reading to the kids on Friday night at "The Clubhouse" where we had pizza, chicken, chips/salsa and drinks. 
This is a panoramic picture of Grandad and Hilda's church.  If you look closely you will see Torren on the stage.  Before the service started, the piano was playing, and Torren got up on stage and started his version on preaching/singing.  I caught a little bit on video.  I might post it later. 
Becky was working one day and so the kids and I went around the block for a walk. 
Sorry Luke and Karen....no other pictures from the reception.  :(  I guess we were too busy having fun and wrangling kiddos. 
Haley did not want her picture taken before here game. 
I got the new swing put on the swing set....Kane loved it! 
Kane in his bowtie. 
Grand-Dad was a decorated military man.  I was quite impressed with his medals.  My hat is off to all those who serve our country by protecting our freedom. 
 
Kane and I waited in the van for part of the grave-site service.  I covered his ears when the guns went off. 
We ate at Famous Dave's in Springfield on Thursday night.  We waited patiently until evveryone else arrived.  :)

No comments: