Monday, May 31, 2010

Some Memorial Day Weekend Activities


My brother, Luke, and his girlfriend, Karen, came to our house Sunday after church. We had fun smoking some pork (a cut of Boston Butt) and some salmon. To congratulate us on a job well done, Becky made us a cookie cake. It (and the smoked meat) was very tasty.

On Saturday, after the race, we trimmed three trees in our yard and piled them in the truck. They badly needed a trim. It isn't too often that we use our truck as a "truck" so I had to take a picture.

Saturday morning Becky ran a 5K race with me while I pushed the kids in the double stroller. It was a very hilly course. Once Becky finished the 5K, I handed the kids off to her and then proceeded to run the last 10K of the 15K (9.3 mile) race. The picture above is of me at the finish of the 15K.
I seriously have the best wife ever. Today I woke up feeling horrible. I am still not sure if I ate too much yesterday, got a little bug, or am just worn out from the race. My wonderful wife, Becky, has washed the van, vacuumed the truck, and is currently mowing the yard. She did all this while I slept in till 9am and took a 2 1/2 hour nap. Wow! What a girl! Thank you honey!

No comments: