Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter fun and my new neice


On Friday Becky and the kids went to Kirk and Sara's to see the new baby.

Here is my lovely wife holding Sophia Lynn. Becky's middle name is also Lynn.

Haley loves climbing trees.

The first of 2 easter egg hunts.

I got to hold my newest neice on Saturday night at Scott's restaurant in Grinnell....she is a cutie.

On Sunday we went to Indianola to spend some time with the Newhouse family.
On Thursday I got an email from Haley's school inviting parents to join thier students for chapel on Good Friday. I got to Haley's class a little before 9:00am and got to sit by her during the chapel service. It was a pretty neat experience. The sixth grade students lead the other elementary students in worship, actions, running sound, slides on the overhead. Haley joined in the worship and was soaking it all in. The first grade acted out the Easter story then the principal gave a very clear gospel message. Paying for private school is spendy and I often complain about the cost, but seeing this on Friday made the sacrifice we make every month worth while.

No comments: